Depression Treatment in Plainview, TX
Ketamine for Depression Treatment
Are you in search of new and innovative depression treatment in Plainview, TX? Since the 1960s, ketamine has been one of the most widely used drugs around the world. However, doctors are now discovering the positive effects ketamine can have on those who suffer from major depressive disorders.
When ketamine is utilized for the treatment of depression and anxiety, it has shown an outstanding response rate with 72% of patients reporting an improvement in their condition.
Watch the short video below and discover how ketamine may be able to help with your depression.
How Does Ketamine Help With Depression?
According to an article recently published by The Journal Of Science, it is believed by many medical professionals that ketamine helps to repair damaged circuits in the brain. This allows for more positive thoughts to develop, thus helping the patient come out of their depressed episode.
What are the different types of depression?
Some of the typical diagnoses of depressive disorders may include:
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Also known as Clinical Depression or Unipolar Depression. The most common form of depression. It can be just a single episode, but some people may experience it periodically throughout their lives.
- Postpartum Depression: A type of depression usually brought on by the hormonal shifts women experience the months or year following childbirth.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Depression caused by a change in the circadian rhythm of the body, usually bringing on depression during a specific season of the year.
- Situational Depression: While the symptoms are much like Major Depressive Disorder, this is depression brought on by a specific event, such as the death of a loved one or a life-threatening event.
- Persistent Depression: Also known as dysthymia or chronic depression, this is depression that lasts for two years or more.
- Manic Depression/Bipolar Disorder: Characterized by periods of mania alternating with periods of intense depression.
Can Ketamine Help With Your Depression?
Are you struggling with depression and exhausted your options for treating this horrible mental health disorder. Contact Devavo Therapy and schedule your free consultation with one of our ketamine treatment experts in Plainview, TX.